Sunday, February 20, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins

Sundays. Bless this day!! I just took a nap cuddling my 4 year old on the couch. It won't be long til he is too old for such nonsense. I guess I shall cherish these moments for now.
Where did that come from?! I am like, the least sentimental person EVER!

I make these muffins whenever we have bananas and blueberries in the house. It is like the magic combo of ingredients. They are healthy, easy, and delicious. My boys don't seem to mind the whole wheat. I love a recipe that you keep falling back on. (like this granola I posted. Since I have posted it, I have made it three times! ) These muffins are a keeper.
Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins
Put the following ingredients in your cart...
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup blueberries
Put your apron on and...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins with liners or spray with pam. Mix sugar, applesauce, and egg until creamy and smooth. Add bananas and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir til mixed thoroughly. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into the muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...