Monday, February 28, 2011

Sopapilla Cheesecake

Mama Mia! The Countdown to Mexico begins with this delicious "mexican" inspired dessert. This is my go-to dessert when I am serving "mexican" food and having company, or taking dinner to a sick friend...etc. My picture below isn't the pertiest. I was anxious for the photo shoot and didn't give it enough time to set up. If you are patient, these look lovely cut in squares. I don't see why you couldn't bake these in a pie pan and cut them in triangles like a pie. Presentation is key... Anyways the cinnamon and sugar flavor is tantalizing and perfect for a fiesta!
Sopapilla Cheesecake
2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
2-8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter (1/2 cup real butter not margarine)
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll and press 1 can crescent rolls into the bottom of your baking dish press the seams together. In a separate bowl blend the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla spread over top of dough. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and place on top of the cream cheese mixture pressing seams together again. Melt butter and pour over top layer of crescents. Mix the reaming 1/2 cup of sugar & cinnamon together. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture generously over the top. Use more if you wish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly and bottom crust is slightly brown.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower.
    I invite you to visit my blog and follow me :-)

    God bless you :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...