Thursday, February 24, 2011

Star Candy Cupcake Toppers

I am skipping Clean Eating Thursday this week...maybe tomorrow I can whip up some Clean Eating Friday something or other... we will see. Tonight I will share the simple, easy star cupcake toppers I posted yesterday...LOVE these!! Don't you love things that make people go, "WOW!" and require very little effort?! I know I do. I recently discovered the magazine Semi-Homemade. It is totally this philosophy...hmmm...that would be a great give-away... Anyways, what was I saying? I love to wow people on very little effort. Hey! Who doesn't, right? No one likes to say, yeah... I spent 10 hours doing this. I don't- people will think I have no life??!!



Here is what you need...










Wilton candy melts (I used red, blue, green, and yellow)


Here is what you do...


Melt candy melts one color at a time in a microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute, stirring at 30 seconds. Fill each mold with a 2 spoon method. Scooping with one spoon, scraping with the other. After you fill about 4 molds, spread out each mold so it is even and scrape with a small bench scraper, paper towel, or tidy up mold with your finger. Continue filling all the molds. If you wait to spread and tidy up each mold at the end...the ones you started with will already be setting. Does that make sense? Lightly tap the mold on the counter a few times to settle the candy into the small crevice of the mold. Put in freezer for 3-5 minutes. The underside (tops of the molded stars) should like foggy if they are set. Turn upside down and they should slide right out. I like to run my fingers along the edges of the candy molds to clean them up and even up the edges. Stick on the top of a cupcake. These candy stars can be stored in the fridge or at room temperature for quite a while...read candy melts package for specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...