Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bestest Beef Stroganoff

...At least in my opinion! This is my mom's recipe that we grew up on. My mom made this for a crowd over Christmas and I snapped a picture. This is the dish EVERYONE loves. Even my sister who doesn't like mushrooms and the grandkids who don't like anything! It is so creamy and filling and simple. Paul like his with a little spice from hot sauce. I do extra sauce so it lasts two nights. The first night I serve it with noodles, the second night with rice. Yum!


Ground Beef Stroganoff
Source: My mom Jenise Keith

Put the following into your cart...

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 small minced garlic
1 Tab. butter
1 lb. ground beef
2 Tab. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I usually use 2 cans to make mine stretch)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (I usually use about 2 cups)
1 cup sour cream (I usually use about 2 cups)
cooked rice or egg noodles to serve over

Put on your apron and...

Saute onions and garlic in butter. Stir in meat. Brown meat and drain most of the fat. Add flour and seasonings (I usually add a dash more of each seasoning than the recipe calls for since I add more sauce mixture). Add mushrooms, saute for a few moments. Then add in soup and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat to taste. If mixture to a little to thick, I add milk. Add seasonings to taste. Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...