Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stiff Whipped Cream Frosting...

...that doesn't flop!!?? Oh, yeah baby! This stuff actually holds its shape and form, pipes beautifully, and tastes AMAZING!!! I love it paired with strawberry cupcakes. Or, you can eat it straight out of the bowl with your finger a spoon. My girlfriend Julie has been raving about this frosting recipe for like a year and about two months ago, I tried it. Since then, I have probably made it about 15 times. (I am not kidding) That is a lot of heavy whipping cream. Don't worry, I am not eating it all. I would be dead or 500 pounds if I was! Actually, this frosting is low sugar in comparison to most. Here is the recipe!

Whipped Cream Frosting
Source: Julie Fletcher found from allrecipes

1 block 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar- NOT powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream

In your mixing bowl, with the whisk attachment, whip together the cream cheese and the sugar until nice and soft. Add flavorings and slowly poor in whipping cream. Whip for a few minutes until nice and stiff. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times while mixing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Awesome will have to try it! For some reason other whipped cream frostings I've tried don't get thick enough to pipe.

    Thanks. Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...