Friday, March 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Toffee Bars

I am having a week where my little blog here is cursed. I have the sidebar issue that I am working on and now I seem to have deleted a whole bunch of pictures I wanted to blog. Dang it!! Both of these problems are due to my computer retardedness. Oh well! In the grand scheme of things...little problems in life. So, I will share with you these scrum-diddly-umptious bars I made for a Christmas party. They were different than any other bar cookie I have ever made. Next time I would up the toffee quantity...but that is just me...Peanut Butter Toffee Bars
Source: Paula Dean

Put the following ingredients in your cart...

2 cups rolled oats
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup toffee pieces

Put your apron on and ...

Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x9 pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. In large bowl,combine oats,flour,brown sugar,peanuts and baking soda. Using a pastry blender,cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press half of the oat mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

In a medium bowl,beat cream cheese,peanut butter,sugar and egg at medium speed with a mixer until combined. Spoon mixture over prepared crust,spreading to edges. Sprinkle evenly with toffee bits. Cover evenly with remaining half of oat mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...