Thursday, March 10, 2011

Clean Eating Thursdays- Cilantro Lime Rice (Cafe Rio Rice)

This rice is all over blog world. It is a favorite among all my friends now. And my sister just requested the recipe...so I decided, why not. It is recipe for the Clean Eating Thursday fans and my Countdown to Mexico fans... I use the term "fan" loosely. This rice is sticky, savory, and the lime juice gives it a twist of ...something wonderful!!!! I make mine is my rice cooker and it works great. I add the cilantro half way through the cook time so it doesn't over-wilt. You will never make Uncle Ben's again. (No offense Uncle Ben)Café Rio Lime Cilantro Rice
(Double this for large crowd)
Throw the following ingredients into your shopping cart
2 Tb. Butter
pepper to taste
1 ¼ rice
juice and zest 1 large or 2 small limes
2 ¼ cups chicken broth
2 Tb. chopped cilantro
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cumin
Put your apron on and ...
In a skillet melt butter with rice, add liquid, and other ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Like I said above, I use my rice cooker. Mine requires a little more liquid. Also, add the cilantro towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...