Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No Wait Breadsticks

I have said it before, and I am sure I will say it again...my boys are bread LOVERS. Heck?! Who isn't?! Another quick and easy bread recipe that doesn't require rising...and they are GOO- OOD (pronounced in two syllablles...) I sprinkle mine with garlic bread seasoning (recipe below) and whatever shredded cheese I have on hand. I saw the idea of stretching the breadsticks and shaping them in a Semi-Homemade magazine.In case you can't tell in the picture...I shaped them into hearts and spirals. I served them in the mason jars going down the center of the table. So...cute...yet easy...and YUM! (Do I overuse the ...?)


No Wait Breadsticks
Source: The Sisters Cafe

Toss the following ingredients into your cart...

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tab. yeast
2 Tab. sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt


Put your apron on and get busy...

mixing your dough! Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in your mixer. Add sugar and let it sit and bubble for a few minutes. Add salt and flour and knead in mixer for about 3 minutes. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes in the mixer. On a sprayed cookies sheet, spread dough out to cover sheet. Cut to desired width. Then you can twist, keep flat, shape, whatever. Brush with butter and any of the following: cheese, garlic salt, parsley, italian seasoning, parmesan...etc... I use the garlic bread seasoning below. You can roll them out to fit the cookie sheet and they will be puffy and soft. If you prefer a thinner, cruncy breadstick roll them out to fit a cookie sheet and a half.

Preheat your oven to 375. While it warms, your breadsticks will rise for 10-20 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.

Garlic Bread Seasoning
Source: Our Best Bites

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

2 tsp. Kosher salt

2 Tab. garlic powder

2 tsp. oregano

2 tsp. basil

2 tsp. marjoram

2 tsp. parsley






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...