Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sprinkles Cupcakes Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

Oh My!!! I have been CRAZY busy! I was just telling a friend that I feel like I am juggling 5 balls in the air...and not really catching any...

Alas, hard work equals success. Right? And that being said...I am going to share my secret frosting recipe with you and then get back to work making rolls for a fair coming up! Have you heard of the first cupcake chain in the United States called Sprinkles Cupcakes? Well, here is one of their frosting recipes that goes delicious on everything!!!! I use this recipe on my chocolate and strawberry cupcakes. The recipe I first received didn't have the dash of salt, but I added that after reading in a cake book that a dash of salt enhances the flavor to frosting. So here goes...

Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 cup butter
1 block 8 oz. cream cheese softened
3 3/4 cups powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great frosting! I just made a very similar one this morning for red velvet cupcakes I hope to post in the nest few days. I love the cream cheese and butter combo and my version has a pinch of salt too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...