Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Eggnog Bundt Cake with Caramel Sauce

I had a few posts all ready to go for today...when last night I ate a slice of the best holiday treat EVER!!! I HAD to bump it to the top of the list. Last night we were invited to dinner at our friends Annie and Jeff's. Dinner was amazing!!! For dessert we had this cake.... Ohhhh yes! It is so moist and the warm sauce over the top is ....tantalizing!! Annie sent me home with the leftovers to give to our friends who were coming over. They were a no show and I am ashamed and embarrassed to admit that I ate this slice for breakfast...don't judge me...I know each of you has done this before!! Then...I had another for lunch and knew I had to share this recipe. Thanks Annie for the little bit larger muffin top I have today! Folks, this is a winner...try it!

Eggnog Bundt Cake with Caramel Sauce
Source: my dear friend Annie via The Sisters Cafe

Put in your shopping cart:

1 yellow cake mix (preferably with pudding in the mix)
3 T. flour
2 c. eggnog
¼ c. butter, softened
2 eggs, slightly beaten
¼ tsp. rum extract
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Beat until smooth and creamy. Pour into greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Dust lightly with powdered sugar for presentation.

Caramel sauce:
½ lb brown sugar (~1 1/8 c.)
½ lb butter½ lb powdered sugar (~2 cups)
½ T. cinnamon
½ qt. rich vanilla ice cream

Melt together over medium heat. Pour warm over individual servings immediately before serving.

2 comments:

  1. I sooo need to have some of this!
    and also, the peppermint cupcakes sounds delicious!! I'm so excited to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying this tonight for a party. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...