Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Wedding and Lemon Tarts







Remember right after Christmas I told you I was helping a friend with the desserts at her wedding? Well, it ended up beautiful, there was just the right amount of food, and I loved doing it! I learned that sugar cookies iced with royal icing freeze really well and I found this lemon tart recipe that I LO-OVE (that is love pronounced with two syllables! ) I learned how long it takes me to bake decorate, etc. 150 sugar cookies. (about a day and a half) I learned that my boys can really be occupied in front of the t.v. for strangely long amounts of time I can play games with my boys and still get everything done. :) Here is the DELICIOUS lemon tart recipe. Buy yourself some of these super cute tart pans. They are so cheap at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Tarts are a great treat for more formal occasions like a fairy tea party (oh...or weddings). And I will be sharing tart recipes with you in the next few months. I am dying to break these little pans out again!


Lemon Tart Recipe



Put in your shopping cart the following ingredients:


Crust:

1 cup flour

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup cold butter cut into pieces


Filling:

5 ounces cream cheese, room temp.

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

2 large eggs

1 Tab. lemon zest


Topping:

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

1 Tab. powdered sugar


Put on your apron and get busy baking...


Grease with butter (I used cooking spray) an 8 or 9 inch tart pan. (Or about 20 or so small pans like mine pictured)


For the crust:
Mix all ingredients in a food processor or your kitchen-aid/mixer til it forms one big clump. Press dough into and up sides of tart pans. Keep thin. Pierce bottom of each pan with a fork a few times to keep bottoms from rising too much. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover and place the pans in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill. When pastry is chilled, place the tart pan/pans on a cookie sheet and bake until golden, about 13-15 minutes. (For small pans bake for 6-8 minutes.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
Reduce oven temperature at this time to 350 degrees or they will burn!
For the filling:
Mix all ingredients in your mixture til there are no lumps and mixture is perfectly smooth. Pour filling into pan/pans and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set. (For small pans bake about 10 minutes.) Cool on wire rack. I found it easiest to remove the little tarts from their pans while they were still warm to the touch.
Topping: (I didn't top my tarts)
Put mixing bowl and whisk in freezer for 15 minutes. Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar til stiff peaks form. Spread or pipe on the top of tart/tarts.
Refrigerate until you serve.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! It is so cute!
    I love lemon tart! my absolute spring favorite! I will have to check out those tart pans at bed & bath!
    Cute Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...