Sunday, January 9, 2011

Berry Sour Cream Waffles

Are you a breakfast person? I believe there are two kinds of people in this world, those who go to bed at night thinking about what they are making for breakfast and those who get up in the morning , wipe the sleep from their eyes and pour a bowl of cereal. (OK...that sentence just made me think about a family classic..."What About Bob?" when Bob says, "There are two kinds of people in this world. People who love Neil Diamond and People who don't. My ex-wife loved Neil Diamond." HA! That show is a hoot!!!) ANYWAYS... I am a breakfast person (and I don't hate Neil Diamond f.y.i.). I had gestational diabetes with my last little guy and learned how much cold cereal sucks. I could only eat 1/4 cup cold cereal, or I cold have a waffle spread with peanut butter, or eggs with toast, or oatmeal with nuts. Needless to say, we had hot breakfast everyday and we have never turned back. SERIOUSLY!!! The only cereal I have in my cupboard is rice krispies (and I use these to make krispy treats!). Hop on the band wagon and start your day off right with something FILLING! These are our family favorite waffles (not the healthiest) (I will share those with you another time!)

Berry Sour Cream Waffles
Source: Lick the bowl good

Put in your shopping cart the following ingredients...

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tab. Sugar
1 Tab. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
8 Tab. (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen berries (I used raspberries and blackberries here.

Put your apron and get busy!

Preheat your waffle iron. Lightly spray the grids.
Meanwhile whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to combine and make a well in the center.

If adding berries, add about 1/4 cup of the flour and coat berries to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.

Whisk the melted butter, milk, sour cream, and eggs in a medium bowl until well combined. Pour into the well. Mix together until smooth. Gently fold berries into the batter.

Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of each waffle quadrant. Cook waffle according to your waffle maker.

Serve hot with butter, syrup , jam...etc. I eat mine plain...THAT is how good they are!

Makes about 5 big waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...