I am at a loss for words! You have just got to try it!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies With Maple Cream Cheese Filling
I found these delights over at Brown Eyed Baker
In your shopping basket you will need:
For the Whoopie Pies
3 cups flour
2 Tab. cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup veggie or canola oil
3 cups pumpkin puree-that is one of the large cans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Maple Cream Cheese Filling
3 cups powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
1/2 cup butter, at room temp
3 Tab. maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Put your apron on and
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together the flour , cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, and nutmeg in a bowl (not your mixing bowl)
3. In your mixing bowl, mix together the sugars and oil. Add pumpkin and whisk to combine thoroughly. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
5. With a large spoon, drop by the tablespoon on silipat lined cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be firm to the touch.
Let the cookies cool completely before you frost them...or they will melt the frosting!!
To make the frosting, make sure the butter and cream cheese are room temp. To be honest, I always forget this step and am too impatient to wait. Then my frosting is lumpy. Be better than me, follow the directions!!
To make the frosting, combine the above ingredients in a mixer for about three minutes till smooth!!! Assemble sandwiches and ENJOY!!!