Monday, November 22, 2010

Whoopie Pies!

So, I predict that the next fad in the dessert industry will be...drumroll please... whoopie pies! What isn't to like about cookies sandwiched together with frosting...HELLO! I hear there is a whole book dedicated to whoopie pies. I WILL be buying it and I WILL be sharing all the best recipes with you all! I wonder what kind of delicious Christmas flavored version there could be! Here is an amazing Fall version. They were a hit with my boys who usually don't love pumpkin flavoring!! And the addition of the maple syrup to the cream cheese frosting is a .... a...
I am at a loss for words! You have just got to try it!



Pumpkin Whoopie Pies With Maple Cream Cheese Filling

I found these delights over at Brown Eyed Baker

In your shopping basket you will need:

For the Whoopie Pies

3 cups flour

2 Tab. cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup veggie or canola oil

3 cups pumpkin puree-that is one of the large cans

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the Maple Cream Cheese Filling

3 cups powdered sugar

8 oz. cream cheese, at room temp

1/2 cup butter, at room temp

3 Tab. maple syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla

Put your apron on and

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Whisk together the flour , cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, and nutmeg in a bowl (not your mixing bowl)

3. In your mixing bowl, mix together the sugars and oil. Add pumpkin and whisk to combine thoroughly. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.

4. Gradually add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.

5. With a large spoon, drop by the tablespoon on silipat lined cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart.

6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be firm to the touch.

Let the cookies cool completely before you frost them...or they will melt the frosting!!

To make the frosting, make sure the butter and cream cheese are room temp. To be honest, I always forget this step and am too impatient to wait. Then my frosting is lumpy. Be better than me, follow the directions!!

To make the frosting, combine the above ingredients in a mixer for about three minutes till smooth!!! Assemble sandwiches and ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey- These are FABULOUS!!! Your kind husband shares his bakery treats with me at work and I can't wait to make them for my kids, they will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thanks for leaving a comment. I will make a special treat for you if you follow me! Click on the link on the left side to follow me and spread the word! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...