Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whoop there it is!



Seriously. What is better than a hard game of basketball? Eating a nice soft sugar cookie right when you're done. You need to replenish all of those calories you just burned right? I like to eat one right before too, you know, for added energy. Ok. We all know that I pretty much can justify ANY situation to eat sugar. It is the inner 12 year old that I am trying to channel. I was asked to make these cookies for a youth basketball team and I think they turned out pretty darn cute. I won't tell you that my first cookie I actually decorated as a baseball thinking that it was a basketball. I actually had to google the image of a basketball ( there is my helpful tip for the day, google!) No matter how they came about, they turned out great and made a lot of 12 year old boys very happy! (and maybe a little hyper, I'm just sayin)

So I have posted my sugar cookie recipe before and you can find it right here. I like to use my favorite go to cream cheese frosting to make these cookies out of this world! I like to add about 1/4 cup of whipping cream to soften it up and give it a little lighter taste. I took a chance and tried royal icing on top of the cream cheese frosting and lo and behold, it worked! I would probably only try it on really basic cookies that have a simple design and only one color though!

There you have it. My cookie making skills trump my basketball skills and I am totally fine with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...